Wednesday, February 28, 2007

FInally...Our trip report begins ;) Our journey to Florida

YO HO Yo HO a Disney trip for 3!

The Cast of Characters:

DH...Tim (Eyeore) aka...the dream-maker-my fairy
godhubby...hahaha

DS...Tyler (Roo) - What I called him before he was
born...20 months (will be 21 months on trip)

Me...Candace (Flounder) my fave character...aka the
dreamer

Let me start with this..."Hello, my name is Candace...I am addicted to Disneyworld"...and I have rained the obsession onto my DH. (He recently told me..."I want to go every year") ::woo hoo::
We went to Disney on our Honeymoon and stayed at the Poly. We went 2 years later...and most recently 3 years ago with my family and we stayed at the Grand Floridian. SO much fun. So since then, we had a beautiful baby boy and we dreamed of the day we could take him to Disney.
SO, what a wonderful 10 year annversary gift when my DH, fairy godhubby announced that he was making that dream come true.
Original plan...
Leaving Feb 28th and driving through the night...I think we are crazy, yes, but we are motivated! Driving home will be the tough part...haha
Arriving in FLA on March 1st, to the lovely town of St. Augustine to visit Tim's big brother Jerry and lovely sister-in-law Judy...
Until....
GREAT NEWS!
Tim got to start his vacation a day early...so that meant :) We get to leave a DAY early!
So Tim called Jerry and Judy and told them the good news and they said come on down!
So we headed our Tues. Feb. 27th around noon. Tim packed the van all up...and was so frustrated as he looked down to see a couple more suitcases needed to fit...luckily, dun-dun -da-dadaahhh Candace has a gift for making things fit ;) So I re-packed the van ;) We were ready to go and so very excited. I had activities for Tyler for every 1/2 hour...dvd player with all Tyler's favorite shows, Ty's snacks and juice, and...wait a minute, should I change my title as "Ty's personal flight attendant" haha...So we are on our way.
Here is Tyler all ready and comfy in his carseat
On our way to Disney! ROADTRIP
We made a stop in NC for dinner, which means Tyler traveled like a champ for 5 hours...and yes, NO NAP...haha... We stopped at McDonalds where they had a little play area for Tyler to run and stretch in. I changed Ty into his pjs and we were back on our way to Florida. Tyler, once again was doing great until about 9:00, one hour after his bedtime...I happen to put on the Curious George movie which put him to sleep in about 15 minutes. About and hour or so later we stopped in Savannah, Georgia and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Suites. We got all settled and dreamed of Disney :) Well, at least I know I did.
Day 2
We woke up to a beautiful, sunshiny day! We got on our way...
We watched Disney Sing-a-long songs over and over and it did not get on my nerves at all...imagine that. Tim's brother Jerry said that we had about 2 hours ahead of us till we got to Florida, so we were excited. We did see a brush fire on the way, but I think I captured that on video. We finally got to FLORIDA...with the beautiful palm trees that I so crave ;)
Welcome to Florida
I have been chatting up the Welcome Center to Tim...he had never been there, so we HAD to get our fresh squeezed OJ...Yum! Tim opted for the Grapefruit Juice...so good.
Here is Tim and Tyler outside the Welcome Center
Ty and Daddy in Florida
Here are Tyler and I inside the welcome center...
Tyler and Mommy at the Welcome Center
We leave the wonderful welcome center and head to Jerry and Judy's beautiful home. It was soooo good to see them! They welcomed us with open arms and got us right into their gorgeous pool right away as they noticed our need to start the vacation right away. Here is a picture of Tim, Ty, and Jerry in the pool as Judy plays lifeguard...it was sooo relaxing!
St. Augustine
Isn't that pool gorgeous! It was paradise!
Let me just say, I completely fell in love with St. Augustine. It has an energy of complete relaxation...I could live here. Even on overcast days...heaven. I rode up to the beach in Jerry and Judy's electric car (it looked like a little golf cart) with Judy...I got a mini tour and we actually drove up on the beach...beautiful...
sigh...
Daddy, Tyler and Uncle Jerry
Here is Tim and Jerry with the noodles...
Tim and his brother Jerry
We got back to Jerry and Judy's home, Tyler took a nap...we went swimming. After Ty woke up, we all got ready and Jerry and Judy took us out to one of their favorite seafood restaurants. I didn't get very good pictures, as the battery was dying on my camera...but here is one...
Dinner with jerry and Judy
After dinner, we drove around St. Augustine for some more sightseeing...it was so much fun!

Coming soon...
Dolphins and Lighthouses...

No comments: