Thursday, March 1, 2007

Marineland and The Lighthouse

Day 3 and we are in St. Augustine...
We are staying with Jerry and Judy and they are treating us like royalty.
We all wake up and get dressed and head out to tour St. Augustine. It is overcast, but it does not matter at all. Peaceful, easy feeling....la la...so we head to Marineland. I LOVE dolphins and once wanted to be a marine biologist. Dolphins are my favorite.
Marineland has been completely rebuilt due to a hurricane that damaged the previous building...This place is AMAZING! I wish I took more pictures.
Here we are heading up the walkway
At Marineland!
Look at this gorgeous dolphin!
Dolphin
We must have been the only people there...the overcast day became a blessing!
We were asked if we wanted to meet the dolphins and do trick with them...pet them...sigh, I was in heaven.
You can tell by the look on my face ;) (I took a picture of a picture here...hence the poor quality, but you get the point ;) )

Hanging out with the dolphins
Loving it!
All of us with the Dolphin at Marineland
Here is a picture of Jerry and Judy at Marineland...What a beautiful view...
Jerry and Judy (St. Augustine)
You can just go there, sit at the tables, eat lunch with the ocean on one side and the dolphins on the other!
Sadly, we had to leave...I had to literally be dragged out of there...I LOVED it...I was 2 minutes away from filling out a job application!

Next we head over to the The Lighthouse in St. Augustine...Judy used to work here, so we got special attention ;)
Judy knew everyone! You could tell they all loved and missed her.
The Lighthouse
Tim and I went up to the top...Jerry and Judy have climbed the Lighthouse multiple times...so they stayed with Ty as Tim and I began our climb...
Lighthouse Staircase
I am not afraid of heights, but I was getting a bit nervous for some reason...
Long way up - holding on
Made it to the top...look at the view!
The lighthouse view
Don't look down...if you look close, you can see Jerry and Tyler(Ty is wearing an orange shirt)
Don't look down!
Tim is not to fond of heights, but he braves the "Look DOWN"...
Tim looking down from the top of the Lighthouse
Here is Judys brick to show she worked at the lighthouse...
Judy's brick
Here is Jerry, Ty and Tim holding hands as we leave the lighthouse...I thought it was sweet...
3 Minnicks gents

We head back and Ty got to meet Olivia...they became fast friends ;)
Ty and his new friend sweet Olivia
Jerry and Judy watched Ty for us and Tim and I walked up to one of the bars for some adult time. It was nice to have a date and we really appreciated it ;) When we got back, Jerry had made us a delicious steak dinner...yum! and margaritas...you know I was loving that!
Ty danced and danced with Aunt Judy...Here are some pictures of them dancing and singing...precious!
Tyler dancing with Aunt Judy More dancing with Aunt Judy Tyler singing with Aunt Judy
Here is a picture of Tyler trying on my shoes...I think it is just so cute, so I have to share.
Tyler rocking my shoes
We had such a fantastic time, Jerry and Judy treated us so nice, we cannot wait to come back and visit.
Here is one more picture of Tim and his brother Jerry. Judy and I never got to have our mojitos, but how sweet is this...Judy gave me a bottle of the mix for me to enjoy when I got home...Let's just say...YUM! Thanks Judy!
Tim and brother Jerry
Thank you so much Jerry and Judy!

~~
We packed up and left early the next morning...we wanted to check into Pop Century as soon as we could to get a good room assignment ;)
Next...
DISNEY!
We made it!

No comments: