Saturday, March 3, 2007

DISNEY WORLD!!! Day 1...I am ready to burst, or shall I say "Pop"

We leave St. Augustine feeling like we had such an amazing vacation already...and here we are going to Disney World...can you say "feeling spoiled". We drive through Daytona, which is the beginning of Bike Week...motorcycles everywhere. I was waiting and waiting for Disney World signs...but they didnt show up till we were pretty much on top of Disney, but it didn't matter...I have the video camera ready, and oh gosh, I hope you cannot hear me and my tears of joy. We roll through the Disney gates and arrive at Pop Century... WHAT an adorable colorful place! It was so perfect for our sweet toddler! I was a bit nervous, because I think I have been spoiled with the Poly and Grand Floridian...but so far, I was loving it! We got to our room, got settled in and took a deep breath to soak it all it...We are REALLY here! We went to the Magic Kingdom right away...We had to get Tyler's Mickey ears! Ty is sooo darn cute! HE LOVES IT here! He is not scared at all! He waves to all the characters...so cute. We got him his first DISNEY EARS...with his name sewn on it. HE does not take the ears off. He kept it on all day! Tyler is not usually fond of hats, but there is something magical with the mickey ears. We didn't stay too long, just wanted to go their first and soak in some Disney.
So back to Pop we went.
Here is a pict of the gigantic play doh...so cute.
Play Doh at Pop
We were so tired from traveling, so we decided to relax a bit....go to the pool, and not HAVE to be anywhere...its vacation, right?! So we were going with the flow. We decided to hit the pool, it was a bit overcast and chilly, but we just left a snow storm, so we HAD to swim. We took Tyler to the baby pool.
Tim and Tyler heading to the baby pool...which waslocated just outside our room.
Ty and Tim walking to the pool
Ty heading in...
Ty walking into the baby pool
It didn't last real long, it was a bit chilly...so Ty cozied up to daddy...all together now.."awwww" Here they are posing in front of Baloo from the Jungle Book...which was on our way to the room...Tyler was not too fond of him.
Drying off with Baloo and daddy
here is an up close one of our little darling...
Tys sweet face up close
We went back to the room, dried off a bit and decided to tour Pop Century...so many cool, colorful and gigantic things to see. On our way Tyler discovered the spitting fountains and was drawn right to them...
I think he is actually saying "cool" in this one...
Having a blast in the fountains...
Yah..I found the fountains
Ty found hte jumping fountains
I know you are smiling now...can you just feel the excitement...haha
Yah Fountains!
"C'mon, get in..."
Joy
Time to go...
Ty loves the spitting fountains
Although Tyler didn't want to leave the Goofy's spitting fountain park...we had to dry off and get some dinner. We got ourselves together and I asked Ty "can you wear your Mickey ears so everyone can see how adorable you are"...he said OK and I put it on. He walks around so proud..We decided to go to the Pop Food Court which was pretty neat...such a variety. I cannot remember what we got, but it was good! And yes, the ears stayed on the whole time.
So off to the Pop Arcade!

Tyler with his new mickey ears...
Ty with hos mickey ears

Driving in the arcade...
Tyler driving in arcade

Playing games with daddy
Ty and Daddy playing a game



There was a scare tonite at the resort...a women was screaming frantic...her 2 year old son was missing. My heart dropped, anytime a child is missing is terrifying, but not even wanting to imagine losing Ty....its horror. She was running around so hysterical and so helpless...the cast members (staff) were so wonderful...they were calm, and in control and all of the other guests were looking for him. Tim ran in the parking lot to look..Ty and I were wandering all around. He was found by the kiddie pool. I hugged the Mom, she looked at Ty and there was this look of "you know how i feel"...that is my worst fear, ever losing Tyler. Please say a prayer for all the missing children in the world..or anyone who is missing. The not knowing where they are part, that is the worst feeling.

We are having so much fun, and we feel so blessed to be here. It is a dream come true to have my little guy, in his little mickey ears, and see the shear joy on his face. Makes me teary just thinking about it. On that note...haha before I become a blubbering Momma that should be sleeping right now...I am signing off for now...

Coming next...
Animal Kingdom, The Iliffs, Kona, and FIREWORKS!

No comments: