Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day 2 Animal Kingdom, friends and fireworks

Here we are, Day 2 in Disney! Sooo excited!
Well, it was a busy day...VERY CROWDED and cold...but still fun...it is DISNEY!
We went to Animal Kingdom today...my calves hurt me so bad!
(the 219 steps we ran without warming up in St Augustine's Lighthouse still had me hurting ;)) Tim's too...and since it was gonna rain, I didn't want to ruin my running shoes....so I wore my flip
flops...I was in PAIN, I was walking around like a bad Donald Duck impression...sad sad sad...

We watched the outstanding Kenyan acrobatic troupe, Ty loves it and was dancing and clapping to the beat. I think I have this on video ;) Looked at some of the animals and birds around the park. We got a snack and walked around...and around...

We walked around some more, and I, well ...I decided to do something I never thought I would do!
Decided I was gonna buy CROCS!!!
Those ugly ugly, cloggy plastic shoes with lots of holes!
Problem!!!...crocs were nowhere to be found...
All of the Crocs on every kiosk in Animal Kingdom had sold out of the adult sizes. We continue our search, but decided we should have fun too... :) We went over to Dinoland USA..
Ty rode the din-o-rama ride with me...it goes up and down and in circles..Our little daredevil LOVED it...we rode it twice, but it was getting really chilly, so we decided to head out.
Here is a picture of Tyler and me in front of the Din-o-rama ride ;)

The Dino ride



On our way out, I waddled out like goofy who had way to much to drink 9and I am talking the silly stuff), my calves and feet were crippling me...yeah, not good, and then I saw The Rainforest Cafe...I took a chance and prayed they had adult crocs.
AND THEY DID!
So happy! Holy amazing extreme comfort...they were so COMFY and worth it! I completely recommend it to anyone and everyone who is gonna do a lot of walking. I seriously think you all would love them...haha
Tim loves his black pair, I love my hot pink ones...Tyler in his little blue ones...we even bought little charms that stick in the holes of the shoes.


We headed back to Pop to meet our Florida friends Kevin and Denise.
We rode the Disney bus back and Tyler still had his adorable Mickey Ears on...Here are a couple pictures we took...

Ty's Mickey Ears
Ty in his ears

Kevin and Denise - It was so good to see them. It had been so long since we last saw them in person, but they have not changed at all. Wonderful people, and great friends...
We had lunch at Pop with them, then hung out by the pool in the freezing cold...Tim and Kevin drank a beer, and Denise and I had a frozen drink...(remember I said it was freezing cold...haha) while Ty took a nap (A LOOOOONG nap)...we sat right outside the door and shivered, waiting patiently. It was nice to catch up with them.
When Tyler woke up, we went to the Poly...they renovated the inside! It looked amazing. We spent our honeymoon at The Polynesian (poly) and went back 2 years later. It is our favorite resort by far. We love The Grand Floridian too, but The Poly holds a special place in our hearts.
Can I just say...LOVE THE DINING PLAN! We went to the Kona Cafe...Our bill was $115!!!! Tim and I had crabcakes for appetizer (each had our own, of course shared with Kev and Denise), (Lump Crab Cakes - Pan seared lump crab cakes served with Asian tartar and pineapple relish) Um...yeah...YUMMMM Our entrees, we each got Char-Crusted Filet Mignon - Served with mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, asparagus, and a 5-spiced mushroom sauce), Ty LOVED the Filet!
We were soooo full, and completely satisified. For just Tim and I, the bill came to $115! I would say, the Dining Plan is worth is and MORE... and we were so full, we had to take our desserts to go... we each got the White Chocolate Cheese Cake After Dinner, Ty was getting restless, so I took him for his first trip on the monorail. As we went around, it stopped and had to go real slow for some reason and this lady was freaking out in our section..scared Tyler...but we made it back...watched the electric water parade in the water on the beach at Poly (I loved that this has not changed, it was amazing to share this with Tyler) and the fireworks over Magic Kingdom (lets jsut say at this time, I am getting a bit emotional, this moment, holding my child and sharing this with him. It truely is a dream come true for me...this exact moment)
Sigh, anyway, the fireworks...they didn't scare Tyler at all...he kept saying COOOOL and WOW! It was so cute and he clapped when they were over. We got ready to head back, but on the way, Denise found a little kitten hiding...she wanted to take him home, but could not catch him. I am sure he gets lots of Disney love...but it was so cute. We got a picture of Denise and Kevin before we headed out...Here is the lovely couple
Kevin and Denise

We headed back to Pop, we were soooo tired! We had to rest up for the first character meal tomorrow ;) Heading to MGM Studios!

No comments: