Thursday, July 19, 2007

Playhouse Disney -Hollywood and Dine + drama

Ok, so we finally made it to our FIRST character breakfast!
It was Playhouse Disney's Hollywood and Dine with JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus, and Leo and June from The Little Einsteins. Ty loves these characters, watched the shows before we left for Disney so that he was familiar with them.
It was nice, a buffet, which I don't usually love, but the food was fresh, especially the salad. It is real cute, they have these Disney guys that sing all the songs and get everyone up and dancing with the characters. Tyler really liked this and clapped and dances along, but was a little overwhelmed and timid.
Its a little dark, but here I am singing with him...
PhseDisLunch
The characters start coming around...
Goliath is first, Ty was scared, hands on ears...
Ty and Goliath
warming up...only holding one ear here, with a high five
Ty and Goliath high 5
Blowing kisses...Goliath won him over
Ty and Goliath blow kisses
Leo was next
Leo and Ty
Took a while
Leo and Ty
but Leo won Tyler over...HIGH 5
high5Leo
June Tyler and Tim
JuneTyTim

So we waited for Jo Jo got close to our table, but she would go back to the same table...who obviously were her friends. I have never seen anything like it, especially from a Disney character...and I didn't feel so bad for Tyler as I did for all the little girls lined up waiting patiently. We finally were able to snap one picture...

Jo Jo and Ty

AND....she didn't continue to the next table..she went back to the table with her friends...
The table she was going back to were a bunch of girls in their 20s who get this..were cast members too. You think they would have been aware...but it was getting ridiculous. There were grumbles from all the tables around us. JoJo took 500 pictures with them, was dancing with them, the WHOLE time...I was just stunned...but the WORST part was when she pulled a Britney Spears...She started to lift her little shirt in a seductive way...my jaw hit the ground. I looked at the lady at the table next to us and we had this stunned look on our face. I could not believe what I just saw. I was scarred. Disney Characters DO NOT do that, especially around children! It was one thing to not do her job and visit all the tables, but GOOD LORD! I was really sad, like I was just told there was no Santa or Easter Bunny. My sadness turned to anger...It takes a LOT to make me angry. Jo Jo needed a talking too. SO...I asked to see a manager...we took him outside. We told him everything that happened, at first he argued that they were paying customers and that they could take pictures with the characters...he didn't get it, I was just painting the picture for him, then I told him about her little strip tease and he became very upset. He apologized and said he was going to talk to the person who was playing the character. I still was upset, especially how he treated me when I started my complaint. It just was not very "DISNEY", you know what I mean? There is a certain standard. I was left with a bad taste and a sinking feeling in my heart...what happened to my perfect Disney magic? We headed out and I saw the High School Musical marching band and it made me smile...so I was getting it back. I still can't look at JoJo the same...that's nuts, I know!
I hope no one decided not to go, because other that that incident, it was quite lovely and adorable.
I would go back...and maybe only shoot Jo Jo one or two dirty looks...haha
I am over my tiff with Minnie Mouse...haha (who would not take a picture with us on our honeymoon because we were not kids, haha) Minnie was wonderful this time. ;)
Something is wrong with me...haha

No comments: