Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 7...Animal Kingdom, DeVine...Part One...

Today we went to Animal Kingdom!
I love Animal Kingdom, something about it. We didn't really do much, but we had fun.
I really wanted to do Expedition Everest...so Tim and I had to be single riders, of course. Tim was not into doing this ride at all.
He gets motion sick real easily. So we got our fast passes. I would have to ride twice if he didn't want to go...lucky me. haha
So I go on, and it was so freaking AWESOME! When I got off, I told Tim, he HAD to do it. The sickness would be worth it, but I guarantee, he would not be sick, just really impressed. It was one of the best roller coasters I have ever been on. I won't give you any details...you just gotta experience it. Tim would not do it, so I used his FP and went on it again. As I came off the ride, so stoked, but sad that Tim could not share it, a cast member spotted my "Happy Anniversary" pin and asked where my other half was. I explained the situation, and he reached into his pocket and pulled out 2 fast passes. He said he agreed with me that Tim should ride, and to use this just it case Tim changed his mind. It felt so magical. He was so nice and now TIM would HAVE to ride it. haha I was on a quest. It was meant to be. So I thanked my new cast member friend, and ran to find Tim. Can you imagine if I won a stay at the Cinderella's Castle...I can barely handle a special fast pass...Even though it was just a normal FP, it was special to me.
DSCN2683fastpass
Here is a picture of the roller coaster...
DSCN2681EVEREST

So, After begging and pleading with Tim, he finally caves and decides to ride. He LOVED it too. It was so thrilling, and well thought out, that you forget about motion sickness. haha
We found the cast member who was so kind...and I told him that Tim rode it and loved it. Tim shook his hand and said thank you. We chatted for a bit regarding the coolness of the ride. I thanked CM dude for making my day...and we continued our journey. We still had one more FP, so I thought it would be good to pay it forward. So we looked for someone to give it to. We found a teenage boy, who was with his family, and looked like he needed a smile...so we gave it to him.

As we went along, we met DeVine. Tyler was scared of her...and I must admit....me too...a little. How cool is this!
DSCN2687devine2
Can you see her face...She was so graceful and flexible...
DSCN2686devine

Here is Tyler meeting King Louie from the Jungle Book...
DSCN2690tyscare2
Still not happy about it...
DSCN2690tyscare2
Warming up...
DSCN2689Tyscared
Over it and blowing kisses to King Louie...
DSCN2693Tyoverit

Ty and I went on the Killamanjaro Safari ride...Tim was hungry, so he went to get food. He didn't want to eat before the Expedition Everest, so since he braved it, he was all clear to eat ;)
We decided to try since there was only a 15 minute wait...which turned into 45 minutes...and then on the ride, one of the safari trucks had broken down, so that was another 30 minutes. I didn't take many pictures cause I was holding onto my boy ;) Tyler was so good, especially having to wait, sit still and it was HOT...not July HOT, cause it was March...but it was HOT. We finally got off, and Tim was at the exit waiting and had a cold drink (a HUGE elephant cup...haha) waiting for us. Isn't he a great daddy/hubby.
Here is one of the upside down trees...
DSCN2704upsidedowntree
And a giraffe...
DSCN2706safari

We met some more characters.
Ty and Stanley...and Daddy too of course...
DSCN2721Tystanley
Terk from Tarzan
DSCN2726monkey
Rafiki
DSCN2733rafiki
Hi-5 Rafiki
DSCN2734high5rafiki

I have a BUNCH of adorable Chef Mickey's pictures for you from our dinner...so that will be continued in a bit...
Enjoy!

No comments: