Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pop or Puff Century..a change in plans...

This was an eventful day...It started off pretty mellow. We had big plans for the evening as we has ressies for The Coral Reef and the Pirate and Princess Party at the MK. I went to the Everything Pop Food Court and brought breakfast back to our room. We were gonna eat and get ready to relax by the pool. It was a bit chilly, so we took a walk around the resort. I ran back early to change when the huge cloud of pot smoke came in through the vent in the bathroom and filtered through the whole room. I was pretty ticked off. I did not want my baby breathing that, not to mention the fact that I have asthma and we stressed a smoke free room. I got Tim and Ty and sent Tim into the room to make sure it was not my imagination. Tim could not believe it either...so we went to the front desk to see what they could do. At first, they said they would move us to another room...I had 3 issues with that.
1- The inconvenience
2- We paid for a preferred room and we were going to be moved to the other side of the resort.
3 - We had special reservations for The Coral Reef at 5:30 to celebrate our 10 anniversary, with the Pirate and Princess Party after, for which we had tickets for...It was completely necessary for Tyler to have a nap.
So when Tim told me what they wanted to do and showed me the room options. The front desk guy,( I will call him Sam), said he was sorry, but this is all they had to offer. I then stated "Well that is not very "Disney" of you" started to cry and walked away. Tim then asked if they would upgrade us to another resort, since nothing was available and we were severely inconvienced (we rented a crib we had to take apart then reassemble (or rather Tim would have to), pack all of our belongings and worry about a 20 month old getting a nap. Sam said he would see what he could do. Turns out they had a lot of rooms available at Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans French Quarter. We picked the French Quarter. There were 2 cast members who were female (I will call them Jen and Jane) sent to help us move our belongings. They were so nice, and I wish I could find the paper with their names on it. Anyway, they took us over to POFQ and waited while Tim went in to check in....He was in there for a long time...the bell hop guy was a jerk. You could see it on his face that he was a miserable person. He told me there is no way a room will be available until after 3, and sarcastically said "good luck"...so negative. Luckily Jen and Jane, noticing the negative man,( i will just call Jerk) were with me waiting for Tim and Jane went in to see what was up. She made sure we were taken care of, and we were put in a beautiful waterfront room that was ready for us to move right it. Jane left us her name and email and wanted to make sure we were happy. I am so upset that that information missing. I wanted to write a letter, or something. They were wonderful...It could have totally gone downhill for us, but they were our little Disney angels.
Our room was on the 2nd floor, right on the end
POFQview
Here is our view...
POFQview2

I just have to add, we loved POP Century...it was so colorful and fun. This event was the only negative thing that happened.

I will continue with Day 4 in the next post..
Scuba Divers, Turtles, Pirates and Flounder ;)

No comments: